Saturday April 21, 2012 23:16
PSO2 Open Beta: Intro to Mags
Mags are artificial life forms that help you in a quests. Based on the way you feed a mag, its attacking behavior will change. Some information collected here are from wikis. For more in-depth information about feeding mags, read PSO-World’s Massive Mag Guide.
How to get Mags
To get a mag you need to be level 05 and complete the Mag License Client Order given by Koffee. She is at the west quest counter.
Koffe’s client orders will unlock at level 5.
- 1. マグライセンス授与申請試練 (Mag License)
Click the client order マグライセンス授与申請試練 (Mag License). In the popup message, press the left button to accept the client order.
Fongalfs are the bigger wolves of the forest.
You may choose any forest quests to look for Fongalfs. These enemies will randomly drop フォンガルフの頭角 in tiny yellow boxes. Once you collect ten of them, return to Koffee to get your 1st mag. Any additional mags require Arks Cash. When you return to report the information to Koffee, just press the left button to complete the Client Order.
- As you feed your mag, it will gain a cumulative level based on its stats. After Lv.30, it can evolve into it’s second form. During the Open Beta, you can level your mag up to level 99. In the official release version, your mag can evolve to its third stage after level 100.
- Your mag’s energy is indicated by a percent bar. As you feed your mag, the energy bar will fill up. You can feed it a certain amount of items until it gets full. You will have to wait a few minutes until the energy drops down before you can feed it again. When your mag’s energy is at 0%, it will not provide any support like healing, or attacking.
In PSO2, you can now preview how items affect your mag’s stats just by hovering over the item. Your mag’s stats will also affect your character’s stats.
- 打撃支援 Striking Support
- 射撃支援 Range Support
- 法撃支援 Tech Support
- 技量支援 Ability Support
- 打撃防御支援 Striking Defense Support
- 射撃防御支援 Range Defense Support
- 法撃防御支援 Tech Defense Support
Auto Action オートアクション
These are actions the mag will perform automatically. Auto Actions are added when your mag reaches its second form. The actions discovered so far are as follows:
- なし (None)
- 打撃/アッパー Striking / Upper
- 打撃/アタック Striking / Attack
- 打撃/ブロー Striking / Blow
- 射撃/炎通常弾 Ranged / Normal Fire Bullet
- 射撃/氷通常弾 Ranged / Normal Ice Bullet
- 射撃/雷貫通弾 Ranged / Piercing Lightning Bullet
- 射撃/雷炸裂弾 Ranged /Lightning Explosion Bullet
- 法撃/フォイエ Tech / Foie
- 法撃/バータ Tech / Barta
- 法撃/グランツ Tech / Grants
Trigger Action トリガーアクション
Trigger Actions are actions the mag performs under certain circumstances. The following information was collected from Japanese wikis.
Each action has a letter suffix which performs under the following conditions:
- A: (HP Recovery: When health is low)
- A: (PP Recovery: As you move to the next area)
- A: (Increase Stats: When you move to the next area)
- A: (Status Effect: Heals your status effects)
- A: (Invincibility: When your PB Blast is full)
- A: (Revive: When you are incapacitated)
- B: As you move to the next areas.
- E: Maxed Photon Blast Gauge
- G: Emergency Trials
- H: (Increase Stats: When an Emergency Trial Occurs)
- H: (PP Recovery: When you move to the next area)
- J: For a set time period.
Based on those letters above, they are appended to the following trigger actions:
- 支援/HP回復 Support / HP Recovery
- 支援/回復 Support / Recovery
- 支援/能力上昇 Support / Increase Stats
- 支援/状態異常 Support / (Heal) Status Effect
- 支援/無敵 Support / Invincibility
- 支援/復活 Support / Revive
- 支援/PP回復 Support / PP Recovery
- 支援/復活 Support /Revive
- 生産/HP回復系 Production / HP Recovery Items
- 生産/範囲系 Production / Range Type Items (like Soul Atomizer)
- HP低下時／HP回復 Hp Low / Recover HP
The Mag Menu can be accessed by pressing the [Y] key on your keyboard. Alternatively you can press [ESC] and select the first icon for the item pack, and select the third entry.
- アイテムを与える Give Item
- デバイスを使う Use Device
- 装備を外す Unequip (or Equip)
- トリガーアクション優先度 Trigger Action Priority
- アクション確認 Check Actions
You feed your mag by giving them items. Be careful! Once you give your mag an item, it will be destroyed. Be sure to LOCK your valuable items in the Item Pack.. Once you click the item, it’s sent to the mag.
Devices are special items that can speed up the feeding process. You can acquire devices in Scratch. When you give them devices you may get new trigger actions.
- フードデバイス/射撃 Food Device / Striking
- フードデバイス/射撃防御 Food Device / Striking Defense
- フードデバイス/射撃 Food Device / Range
- フードデバイス/射撃防御 Food Device / Range Defense
- フードデバイス/法撃 Food Device / Tech
- フードデバイス/法撃防御 Food Device / Tech Defense
- 支援デバイス/ＨＰ回復Ａ Support Device / HP Recovery A
- 支援デバイス/ＨＰ回復Ｊ Support Device / HP Recovery J
- 支援デバイス/ＰＰ回復Ａ Support Device / PP Recovery A
- 支援デバイス/ＰＰ回復Ｂ Support Device / PP Recovery B
- 支援デバイス/ＰＰ回復ＥSupport Device / PP Recovery E
- 支援デバイス/ＰＰ回復Ｈ Support Device / PP Recovery H
- 支援デバイス/能力上昇Ａ Support Device / Stats Increase A
- 支援デバイス/能力上昇Ｂ Support Device / Stats Increase B’
- 支援デバイス/能力上昇Ｅ Support Device / Stats Increase E
- 支援デバイス/能力上昇Ｇ Support Device / Stats Increase G
- 支援デバイス/能力上昇Ｈ Support Device / Stats Increase H
- 支援デバイス/能力上昇Ｊ Support Device / Stats Increase J
- 支援デバイス/状態異常ＡSupport Device / Status Effect A
- 支援デバイス/復活ＡSupport Device / Revive A
- 支援デバイス/無敵Ａ Support Device / Invincibility A
- 生産デバイス/ＨＰ回復系 Production Device / HP Recovery Type Item
- 生産デバイス/範囲系 / Production Device / Range type Item (like Sol Atomizer)
Unfortunately this section is severely lacking information.
Types of Mags
Some starting mags include:
Lyra / Fornax / Lepus / Antlia
Lyra requires high level in Striking Stat
Fornax requires high level in Range Stat
Lepus requires high level in Technic Stat
Antlia requires high level in Ability Stat
Photon Blasts are available once your mag reaches its second stage. You should try to stick to one of the first four stats to evolve your mag. Mags are capable at evolving past level 30, but based on your stat arrangement, it may take longer to evolve.
Photon Blasts must be added to the sub-palette. Just click an empty area, and select the second tab to add a button that triggers your photon blast.
When the photon blast is ready, you’ll see a glowing indication by your HP bar.
There are four types of Photon Blast. Based on data mining, each photon blast has 3 suffixes, “Proi, Imera, and Nifta” Each of these sub types behave differently, for example one may be a rush attack, while another will attack the surrounding area.
- ヘリクス・プロイ Helix Proi (Striking Type Mags) Charge Attack
- アイアス・プロイ Ajax Proi (Range Type Mags) Grenade like Explosions
- ケートス・プロイ Cetus Proi (Technic Type Mags) PP Recovery
- ユリウス・プロイ Julius Proi (Ability Type Mags) Arm Attack
Helix Proi / Ajax Proi / Cetus Proi / Julius Proi