Thursday October 10, 2013 10:02
The 13th PSO2 Live Broadcast will air October 15th @ 21:00 JST. You can watch it live on Nico Nico!
PSO2 Live Broadcast Topics
- Viewer Survey! Write about what you’d like to see in PSO2! Submission deadline on October 15th at 13:00 JST.
- The Latest PSO2 News and Information
- Live Playthrough of the new “Seabed” field
- Watch as our guests fare off against “Decol Maluda” a new Seabed Mini Boss.
- New “Classified” information to be revealed only at the Live Broadcast
- PSO2 Thanks Festa Mook details.
- Win prizes by commenting a special “phrase”
Aside from this, a new magazine scan revealed the costumes for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica collaboration.
Madoka and Homura costumes, weapon camos, and a Kyubey mag will be arriving later this month.
Famitsu and Dengeki Magazine Tidbits
- October 23: Super Hard versions of Ruins, Dragon Altar, Coast and Quarry.
- Sakai is planning to release “super hard” versions of Advance Quests but no release date scheduled at this time
Phantasy Star Music Collection 2000 ~ 2007
Sega is releasing a Phantasy Star Online 10 Disk CD Set that contains remastered music from PSO, PSOv2, PSO Episode 1 and 2, PSO Episode 3, PSO Blue Burst, PSO Blue Burst Episode 4, Phantasy Star Universe, and Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of Illuminus.
- Release Date: December 25th, 2013
- Contents: 10 Disk CD Set + 1 DVD + PSO2 Item Codes
- Price: 16,800 YEN (around $171)
Tuesday December 18, 2012 22:34
We will be having an “Illustration Festival” to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Phantasy Star which first went on sale December 20th, 1987. SEGA will be accepting Phantasy Star related artwork from any game in the series. Anyone can participate, no SEGA ID required! Results of this event will be published in mid February.
- December 19th, 2012 ~ January 16th 2013
- Original (exclusive, never before seen) artwork must be created by the submitter.
- You can submit several pieces of artwork.
- Up to 1MB JPG file.
- Picture Size: 1280 x 720 (Required)
- Please refrain from submitting artwork that was already posted on any other site.
The submissions page requires your email address, pen-name, artwork title, and a comment (less than 600 characters).
Phantasy Star Complete Collection (JP)
Relive the entire Phantasy Star Series’ classics, all the way from the Phantasy Star 1 through Gaiden. You can purchase this collection on your PlayStation 3 through the Japanese PlayStation Store for 800 Yen.
Games in the Phantasy Star Complete Collection include:
- Phantasy Star I
- Phantasy Star II
- Phantasy Star III: Successors of Time
- Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium
- Phantasy Star II Text Adventure (All 8 Adventures)
- Phantasy Star Gaiden
Friday October 26, 2012 07:53
But before we start, Sakai mentioned that he will discuss areas considered for future adjustments in the upcoming days. For now we’re left with the announcement of the new Chogokin Racaseal Black Ver.
The Chogokin Racaseal Black Version
- Release Date: March 2013
- Pre-Orders: Begin 10/25/2012
- Price: 6825 Yen
- Materials: Die-Cast, PVC, ABS
- Size: 155cm
- Switchable Head Shino
- Switchable Wrists
- Madame Brella
- Madame Brella (Attack)
- 2 Guns
- Text Stickers
- Section ID stickers
- Speech Balloon parts
With these new switchable parts, the Elenor version will have new parts to play with.
3D Printing Hits a Wall?
Early on in the game’s development, Sakai was exploring with the idea of having your PSO2 characters 3D printed. You can see evidence of this within the Character Creation contest where the second place winner received a 3D physical model of their character. Back then, Sakai was thinking about the costs of such a service since it would be quite expensive for the average person to afford. (Like 30,000 Yen)
At the Arks Party Shougai attended, Sakai mentioned he has no plans to put into production the Viola Magica 3D printed figure that was shown in the background of a picture in a blog post. As for 3D printing your characters, it appears they would have to set up a production line to take on build-to-order models and for this to become a reality is quite difficult.
Thursday February 23, 2012 10:00
Sakai updated with a brief blurb about PSU Japan’s newest update, Border Break Air Burst. The last time we saw Border Break was when PSP2i characters and weapons showed up in their game. This time the collaboration has extended to PSU with much higher quality models.
SW – Teardowner (Sword)
Plasma Cannon Neo (Laser)
Sega Heroine Collection
Hobbystock is selling their Sega Heroine Collection Trading Strap, featuring popular female characters in Sega’s history.
- Honey from Fighting Vipers
- Shinguji Sakura from Sakura Wars
- Rin Shaomei from Shining Blade
- Nagisa from Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
- Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles
- Ulala from Space Channel 5
- Fei-Yin the Knight from Virtua-On
- Amy from Sonic the Hedgehog
- RaCaseal Elenor from Phantasy Star Online
- SECRET from SECRET
Each piece costs 450 yen, but the whole box set is 4,500 Yen. The release date appears to be around May.
Infinity’s 1 year anniversary!
Today 2/24/ marks Infinity’s one year anniversary, but also PSP2 Japan Internet Multimode service has now ended.
For PSO2′s voice actors we have to make a correction. The meaning behind this phrase “入れ替わる” is actually “changed places” instead of “replaced”, or in the sense, they replaced each other’s positions.
Basically a voice actor who may have done a minor role in the past Phantasy Star games could do a prominent role in PSO2. Or, a voice actor who played on the antagonist side could play the protagonist and vice versa. It doesn’t rule out new voice actors from appearing, but if you’re expecting Rie Tanaka to return, she could possibly have one line this time or something.
Phantasy Star Online 2 @ Dengeki Game Festival
PSO2 will be playable at this year’s Dengeki Game Festival which starts March 18, 2012. It looks like they’ll use an Alienware Desktop machine. I wonder why..