Friday May 21, 2010 11:59
Finally the wait is over, Phantasy Star Portable 2 has been officially announced for English speaking territories.
We have 2 unconfirmed release dates, one from Gamestop saying 9/28/10 and another from Gamespot saying 12/31/10.
Return to the Phantasy Star Portable world in a global online multiplayer experience! The Phantasy Star series returns to the PlayStation®Portable for an exciting new adventure, bringing all new content and returning the series back to its online roots. Picking up three years after the exciting Phantasy Star Universe saga, Phantasy Star Portable 2 brings the series to its conclusion as players take on the role of mercenary to save the Gurhal system.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 offers a gigantic dose of original content from new combat moves, weapons and character customization options. New to the Phantasy Star Portable franchise, online play through Infrastructure mode and enhanced social interactivity adds to the adventure for fans and newcomers alike.
[via sega blogs]
If you are new to this blog, Phantasy Star Portable 2 is already covered extensively throughout each post. On the sidebar to the right features information and features already within the Japanese version. Don’t wait months for magazine articles and interviews, catch up to everyone in the know, now!
Join us on Facebook!
Thursday May 20, 2010 15:18
Woah 80%! Yes you heard right 80% element weapons!
MAX Event Reward
These four reward items can be exchange for one お 楽しみ引換券 Amusement Coupon!
Now that Maximum Attack X has come to a close, Multimode players can participate in the event offline, without the rare drop rate boosts as the online portion. In addition to Maximum Attack X I-IV, two exchange missions were released.
MAXイベント報酬交換所: MAX Event Reward Exchange can be accessed through Story Mode > 交換ミッションで Exchange Mission. Emilia will present you with 4 fun tickets for those who cleared Maximum Attack X mission once. In addition, 3 extend codes will be given out. Extend Codes allow you to strengthen weapons to S rank level when you grind them to “FULL” status. Extend Codes show up in your last tab of the items menu. Multimode players who didn’t have access to Internet Multimode can additionally obtain a お楽しみ引換券 Amusement Coupon just by playing one MAX mission.
It is possible to obtain every 80% elemental attribute of the four reward items by exchanging each of the following.
- Exchange Rate for a Reward Item
- 1 お 楽しみ引換券 fun ticket = 1 Reward item
- Exchange Rate for one お楽しみ引換券 Amusement Coupon
- 10 Special Badges スペシャルバッヂ
- 10 Guardians Badges ガーディアンズバッヂ
- 10 Little Wing Badges リトルウィングバッヂ
- 10 Phantasy Star Badges ファンタシースターバッヂ
[via pspo2 blog]
Reward Item Data
チョウ・ヒー Chou Hi
LVL 80 | 11 Star | Spear
ATK: 583 ACC: 276
LVL 70 | 10 Star | Saber
ATK: 432 | ACC: 255
LVL 70 | 10 Star | Twin Saber
ATK: 389 | ACC 286
グラン・オルカ Gran Orca
LVL 90 | 12 Star | Sword
ATK: 717 | ACC: 238
Ouka fuubi outfit up close and personal!
The Bujin Nishiki outfit weilding a Zantetsu!
- The next batch of Download Items will feature Phantasy Star Zero items.
- New set of challenge missions will be released.
- Sega will hold another Item design contest commemorating PSU’s 4th anniversary.
Wednesday May 19, 2010 13:46
Maximum Attack X will come to a close on May 20th, 2010, MAX I through IV will be delivered to multimode so everyone can finally play it. There will also be an exchange mission from Emilia where you exchange a お楽しみ引換券 [coupon ticket] to receive the weapons that were featured each week during the event. MAX Multimode missions will feature the bonus block, however the drop rate boosts will not be in effect.
Cast parts for the following clothes have been postponed to a later date.
Samurai DLC 5/28/10
ブジンニシキ (Bujin Nishiki)
Male Clothes + Parts
オウカフウビ (Ouka fuubi)
Female Clothes + Parts
蒼龍刀ザンテツ Azure Dragon Sword Zantetsu
50% Light Sword
翠龍斧イカヅチ Jade Dragon Axe Ikazuchi*
50% Lightning Axe
紅龍弓イザナギ Crimson Dragon Bow Izanagi
50% Ice Longbow
As always the item and clothes download contents can only be purchased from the Japanese Playstation Store. Sign up for a Japanese Playstation Network account to access the store.
Phantasy Star Universe Supplemental Update
Sega of America released the first batch of supplemental update news which focuses more on Photon Art changes. Since the list is extremely long we’ll list the highlights.
- Class Changes
- Advanced types Guntecher and Wartecher will be able to wield double sabers up to A Rank.
- Fighgunner: Base attack strength increased.
- Guntecher: Base attack strength increased.
- Wartecher: Base attack strength, base accuracy, base TECHNIC strength, base defense, base evasion, base mental strength increased.
- Fortegunner: Base attack strength increased.
- Fortetecher: Base evasion increased.
- Protranser: Base attack strength and base accuracy increased.
- Acrofighter: Base attack strength increased.
- Acrotecher: Base attack strength and base TECHNIC strength increased.
- Gunmaster: Base attack strength increased.
- Masterforce: HP, base TECHNIC strength, and base evasion increased.
- SUV Balancing
- Grade-S SUV Weapons added.
- ’16-ton Weight’ and Rappy sometimes produced by “Ascension Gift” SUV will have increased power.
- Power and range of Paradi Cataract SUV Weapon reduced.
- Photon Art Changes
- Longbow Photon Arts will have firing speed and attack strength increased. At PA Level 41 and above, attacks will also inflict a Level 5 Status Ailment.
- Grenade Photon Arts will have their PP cost reduced. At PA Level 41 and above, their accuracy modifier will be increased.
- Diga: The status ailment level will be increased. At Level 41 and above, the number of targets that can be locked on will be increased.
- Radiga: The poison status ailment will be added.
- Gidiga: Power and activation speed will be increased. The silence status ailment will be added.
- Barta: The status ailment level will be increased.
- Gibarta: Power, status ailment level and activation speed will be increased
Expect news on the Guardians Advanced Style and new clothes and missions at a later time.
Guess who’s coming to PSU Japan!
no it’s not me…
Friday May 14, 2010 10:58
Sega uploaded a new teaser site about it’s Next 360 Action. We don’t know what it means either but we’ll lay down some facts as it comes along.
Today’s countdown number is 9.
Something to be seen from the URL. Please expect it!
- It is the next Phantasy Star because:
- The image started with the number 10. The number 10 could coincide with PSO10th Anniversary
- Phantasy Star Portable 2 had a similar teaser site counting down to it’s reveal.
- It is not the next Phantasy Star because:
- 360 likely means Xbox 360, having the next Phantasy Star console game exclusive to one console (especially not PC) isn’t very practical.
- It doesn’t say “Action RPG” but it’s very close. Most likely an Action based game.
- The last teaser site of this fashion specifically stated that it was a “New Rpg”
The game was revealed to become a new VIRTUA ON, which I guess is somewhat cool for nostalgia lovers.