Saturday October 31, 2009 11:35
The instructions below show the process of downloading the JAPANESE Demo on the Japanese Phantasy Star Portable 2 site. In each screenshot below you will see a pink border around the button you must click!
Obtaining the Demo from PC
To start the process head to http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/trial/ on your PC. Scroll down and hit the big blue button which is highlighted in pink in the screenshot above.
- Important Information
- This page advises you that downloading the demo might be interrupted by server maintenance.
- This page advises you that it might take a long time to download the demo based on your communication with the server.
- This page advises you to use a domestic Japanese Playstation Portable.
- This page advises you that Sega is not responsible for any damages inccurred to your PSP.
- This pages advises you that if you have a dispute it must be upheld in Tokyo District Court.
- This page advises you that the use of the trial demo is limited to the personal use of the player.
- This page advises you not to charge, redistribute, analyze, blah blah blah..
I know people will ignore the recommendation of using a Japanese PSP. It’s up to you anyway.
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/trial/step02/ This site displays the minimum requirements for Sony Playstation Portable.
- Firmware 6.00 or higher is required to play.
- Please confirm your Firmware before installing the game.
- Please update your firmware if you are below 6.00.
- You need 370MB or more on your Memory Stick
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/trial/step03/ The Final Step, click on the Orange button to download the Zip file of the Japanese Demo! Congraturations! You now have the Japanese Phantasy Star Portable 2 Demo!
You must first decompress the zip file before placing it in your PSP system directory. The instructions may be different based on which PSP Operating System you have. Extract the file on the memory stick root. The folders all automatically fit into place after extraction. In some cases you may have to manually create the folders yourself. In this case, please UPPERCASE all folder titles for safe delivery.
Follow the path as shown in the image above. The files follows this path: Memory Stick > PSP > GAME > NPJH90062 > EBOOT.PBP and DOCUMENT.DAT
- The site recommends creating a PSP folder if one does not exist.
- I recommend extracting the zip file to your computer first…
- Then move the “NPJH90062″ folder inside the Memory Stick “GAME” folder.