During the week of November 11, 2007, the first case of this issue popped up where there were numerous complaints of users unable to join AIM Chatrooms. Now in 2009, this issue has not been completely fixed. It affects a small amount of screen names and may pop up for time to time similar to the connection failed error message. Unfortunately after two years of waiting for a solution, we will have to place this issue: “Invite or Request Timed Out” as unsolved. Our observations over the past 2 years of this issue occurs when:
- Joining a chatroom using a non official AIM client.
- Joining a chatroom using an official AIM client.
As these two issues contradict each other, the point here is that if one client doesn’t work you use another client. If you can’t join through Aim 7, use Meebo. If you can’t join through Meebo, use Aim 7. If no matter what you do and you still receive this error message, you will have to test out creating a new screen name.
Meebo.com has AIM chatroom capabilities. In order to use chats follow these steps
- Login to Meebo With Your AIM Screen Name
- Click on Start A Group Chat At the Top Right of Buddy List
- Type a Name for the Chat
- Click Join Chat Room
- Deleting an AIM or AOL Screen Name Account
- What is AOL Lifestream? How to Use it or Remove it?
- Facebook Groups showing up in News Feed (Facebook Privacy Issue)
- More Myspace Phishing Attempts with MyspaceTV
- The Sims 3: Stuck with Low Moods; Miserable after Latest Patch Workaround
- Stop Quicktime from Playing Mp3 In Internet Explorer
- The Sims 3: The Road to Sunset Valley