Aim 7.3 beta which somehow became a mandatory update, added the option for users to add their full name to their screen name. The purpose behind it was for others to search for your screen name by just entering your name.
Although they could still find you by submitting their email contacts. A friend of mine noted how there was not a clear way of removing your full name if you opted into it for fun.
Removing your Real Name from Aim 7.3
Taking off your Name from AIM
- Sign into AIM Full Name
- Uncheck Allow people to see my full name and find me in search results
- Click on First Name and Delete the entire text field
- Click on Last Name and Delete the entire text field
- Click Submit
If it worked properly it should say
“Your full name has been cleared. Thanks for updating your info on AIM!
To change your name, click here. “
Keep in mind the full name option does not apply to those who have manually added your real name as a nickname. Although, only they will see the name they typed.
If you have used the Plaxo service, you will have to remove your full name from there. Your name shows up to those whom you connected with.
You must clear both the First Name and Last Name text boxes before you press submit.
15 Comments to “Removing your Full Name from AIM”
Leave a comment
- Facebook Groups showing up in News Feed (Facebook Privacy Issue)
- Deleting an AIM or AOL Screen Name Account
- What is AOL Lifestream? How to Use it or Remove it?
- The Sims 3: Stuck with Low Moods; Miserable after Latest Patch Workaround
- The Sims 3: The Road to Sunset Valley
- Stop Quicktime from Playing Mp3 In Internet Explorer
- Removing your Full Name from AIM